Bridgestone Launches Steer Tire For Commercial Trucking Applications
Bridgestone Americas (Bridgestone) today introduced its latest tire innovation, the Bridgestone R283A™ Ecopia™ steer tire. Engineered to deliver best-in-class performance for commercial trucking fleets, the R283A Ecopia tire offers premium performance for long- and regional-haul service. The steer tire features advanced Bridgestone technologies to offer a superior combination of wear life and fuel efficiency – benefits Ecopia tires are known for across the industry. These benefits work together to deliver cost savings and positively impact the bottom line of fleets.
“Bridgestone engineered the R283A Ecopia steer tire to deliver the best combination of wear performance and fuel savings,” said Matt Loos, Director of Truck & Bus Marketing, Bridgestone Commercial. “Sophisticated fleets today measure tire performance based on the total life cycle. The R283A Ecopia tire is an innovative solution that will help them maximize every mile.”
The R283A Ecopia steer tire features several performance enhancements over its predecessor, the R283 Ecopia, designed to deliver 21 percent longer wear life and a three percent better rolling resistance. These performance gains are achieved through:
· IntelliShape™ sidewall design utilizes less bead filler volume, reducing tire weight and minimizing rolling resistance for enhanced fuel efficiency. IntelliShape requires fewer renewable resources without compromising casing durability and retreadability.
· An innovative tread compound that works with Bridgestone’s patented NanoPro-Tech™ polymer technology which limits energy loss and contributes to longer wear life, benefiting fleet owners by extending the life of the tire.
· A lower cap/base junction delays exposure to the base compound, reducing the occurrence of irregular wear and allowing tires to travel further between retreading and replacement.
The R283A Ecopia includes other casing features such as Bridgestone’s proprietary shoulder design that optimizes the footprint for long, even wear, and Fuel Saver Sidewall to reduce heat generation and energy loss. With this tire, Bridgestone is providing efficient solutions for fleet owners focused on their bottom line.
In addition to casing advancements, other R283A Ecopia tire features and benefits include:
· Four rib design: enhances tread stiffness for improved fuel economy.
· Optimized tread depth and width: maximizes tread volume for long original life and lower treadwear cost per mile.
· Defensive Side Groove™: minimizes shoulder edge wear for long original life.
· Equalizer Rib™: absorbs irregular wear, promoting uniform rib wear and higher removal mileage.
· Stress relief sipes: fight irregular wear on main ribs by absorbing rib edge stresses in the footprint for long, even wear.
The R283A Ecopia steer tire from Bridgestone is EPA SmartWay® Verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant. The tire is available now in the U.S. and Canada in sizes 295/75R22.5 and 11R24.5 and will be available in 285/75R24.5 and 11R22.5 sizes by April. To learn more, visit www.ecopiatrucktires.com.
About Bridgestone Americas, Inc.:
Nashville, Tennessee-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. (BSAM) is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. BSAM and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The BSAM family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.